Virtual Convention for 2021
Castle Point Anime Convention 2021 has made the decision to go virtual due to the ongoing pandemic.
Since this is once again very different than our regular event, we wanted to give a bit of an FAQ for anyone interested in attending our virtual event this year.
Why is CPあC 2021 virtual?
- Currently, there is an indefinite ban on gatherings larger than 150 people or 25% of venue capacity in New Jersey. Since our event gathers around 2,000 attendees per day, we would not be able to open our event to the general public even if we were to take all the necessary health and safety precautions. Because of the uncertainty in these circumstances, we have decided to focus our efforts into providing our attendees with a safe, high-quality, virtual event and bring as many features that everyone loves about our convention to it as possible!
When will virtual CPあC be?
- The convention will continue to be held from May 1-2, 2021.
What platform(s) will the convention be held on?
- The convention will be held on our Discord.
What happens to our tickets for this year?
- All tickets have been automatically transferred to CPあC 2022. Castle Point Anime Convention is a student-run, non-profit organization and all our revenue goes back into the operational costs of running the convention. Transitioning your ticket to CPあC 2022 allows us to remain financially stable, helps us cover the costs of running the virtual convention, and allows us to continue to run future conventions. If you would like to receive a refund, you can request for one through our Eventbrite.
How do I get a refund?
- If you would like a refund, please request a refund through Eventbrite. If not, your ticket will be automatically transferred to CPあC 2022.
Is the virtual con free?
- Yes it is! However, when you register for a ticket, you will also be able to offer a donation of your choice if you wish. Doing this will help us a lot in funding both our virtual convention and our convention next year. You can join our Discord at any time.
Thank you all for understanding!